29 Sep 2015 01:22
The Texas Aggie Game Developers is now accepting submissions for our Fall 2015 3-D Character Modelling Contest! First and second place prizes will be awarded to both Undergraduate and Graduate students who submit. This competition is open to all students interested and models need to not fit a specific theme—so be creative! Undergraduates and Graduates will be judged separately for differing prize amounts.
- You may submit a model you have been working on in class or beyond granted work on the model started this semester
- There is no specific theme for this contest. You just need to make a character, whether human or creature, for a video game or feature film. We encourage you to be as creative as possible!
- Judging will be done by officers of TAGD-IGDA and Viz professors. We will be looking at creativity, complexity, and technique as our criteria.
- Please submit both a still model and turntable. For the still model, make sure your model is in the .obj file format. For the turntable, submit a .mov or .mp4. The turntable should be 720x1080 resolution.
- 1st Place: $80.00 Visa gift card
- 2nd Place: $40.00 Visa gift card
- 1st Place: $100.00 Visa gift card
- 2nd Place: $50.00 Visa gift card
All character models will be judged by both the officers of TAGD and professors from the Viz department and any software/tools may be used to create the models. Submissions must be in the .obj format for still models AND .mov or .mp4 for Turn Tables!
Submissions for the TAGD-IGDA Character Modeling Contest should be uploaded to a Filex folder and shared with TAGD-IGDA. To do that, follow these steps:
- Go to filex.tamu.edu and click "Get Started with Filex."
- Login with your NetID and password, then click "Start Sending with Filex."
- Create a folder with your name as the title, and "Modeling Contest Submission" as the description.
- Create a zip of your model, turntable, and any other files you want you want to use (textures, etc.). Use the "Choose File" button to browse your computer and upload the zip file.
- For the recipient email, enter "moc.liamg|adgi.dgat#moc.liamg|adgi.dgat", and make sure the drop down menu below it is on "can download." Click complete to finish your submission.
Comments have been hidden for this post